Terms and Conditions
- Text submitted to the site may be sub-edited for the sake of clarity or readability.
- Images submitted to the site may be cropped or digitally enhanced (for example, to improve contrast).
- Somerset County Council is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- Somerset County Council may reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations.
- Somerset County Council cannot accept contributions of a commercial, marketing or advertising nature. We will, however, accept editorial content from commercial organisations (for example, the memories of a shop-owner).
- By submitting material to this website, you must allow Somerset County Council to use the material in your contribution in any way it may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world.
Use of material on this site
Material submitted to this website may only be used for not-for profit purposes, including:
- public reference, e.g. in libraries, community access points, museums and record offices
- educational use , e.g. in schools, universities, colleges or similar establishments, including within a thesis, dissertation or similar research as a source that may be published (including print, audio/visual media and the Internet)
- in public performance, lectures or talks – including television and radio.
Acceptance of terms
- You agree that you shall not use the Website for illegal purposes, and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the Website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the Website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information.
- You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
- Nexus and Somerset County Council reserves the right to change any part of this agreement without notice and your use of the Website will be deemed as acceptance of this agreement. We advise users to regularly check the Terms and Conditions of this agreement.
- Nexus and Somerset County Council have complete discretion to modify or remove any part of this site without warning or liability arising from such action.
Limitation of liability
- Nexus and Somerset County Council will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data in relation to your use of the Website.
- Nothing within this Agreement will operate to exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as result of the negligence of Nexus and Somerset County Council, its employees or agents.
- All intellectual property of Nexus and Somerset County Council such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the Website remain the property of Nexus and Somerset County Council.
- By using the Website you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of Nexus and Somerset County Council and other contributors to the Website (which are identified in the photo captions and credit lines for each article) and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Website.
- You must obtain permission from the relevant copyright owner to republish the material on a public web site or within a work for publication in any medium. Such use may be subject to reproduction fees and the source of the material and its copyright status must be acknowledged.
- Anyone republishing material from the Website without permission is liable for any resulting infringement of copyright.
- The information is provided on the understanding that the website is not engaged in rendering advice and should not be wholly relied upon when making any related decision.
- The information contained with the Website is provided on an "as is" basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any components of the Website.
- We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the Website and cannot provide any representation that using the Website will be error free.
- The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. We do not control such websites and we take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of views, statements or information contained in such websites.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Sub-contracting and assignment
- Somerset County Council shall be entitled to assign, sub-contract, novate, delegate or otherwise dispose of its rights and obligations within these terms and conditions to any other body which substantially performs any of the functions that previously had been performed by the Council.
Governing law and jurisdiction
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and any user of the Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without rules governing choice of laws.